Tomorrow, between 10:00 and 13:30, Gary Townley, business and events manager at the Intellectual Property Office will talk about IP for the food and drink industry at Northampton Central Library. You can register for the event here.
I don't know what Gary will be talking about but there is a lot of IP connected with food and drink:
- plant breeders' rights for new grain and seed varieties (see my article on Protecting Investment in New Plant Varieties 4 May 2016 Linkedin);
- geographical indications for food and agricultural products;
- patents for new agricultural, food preparation, processing and distribution technology;
- trade marks for food and drink brands and
- passing off for hotels and restaurants but not plastic lemons.
As I reported in Thought for Food 26 Sept 2017 NIPC London Gary has already spent the last two days at the Takeaway & Restaurant Innovation 2017 Expo.